What does the protection cover
The protection covers the rental fee excluding the cost of the protection itself – which LEGOLAND ApS will not refund on cancellation of the rental agreement – in the event that rental of the holiday residence is rendered impossible or extremely difficult:
- On account of you or your spouse, partner, children, parents, parents-in-law, children-in-law, grandchildren, siblings, grandparents, brothers or sisters-in-law, or travelling companion(s) dying or suffering acute illness or a serious injury that requires hospitalisation, medically prescribed bed rest, or any comparable situation.
- In this context, acute illness covered by the protection is understood to be a newly arising illness, justified suspicion of a newly arising serious illness, or an unexpected worsening of an existing or chronic illness.
- The protection is conditional upon LEGOLAND ApS receiving the appropriate documentation such as a doctor's note or, in the event of injury, confirmation from the hospital or the attending physician.
Period of protection
- Cancellation protection covers the period from the time when payment is made for both the stay and the protection until the time when you move into the holiday residence.
How can you cancel
- In order to qualify for reimbursement, you must have provided LEGOLAND ApS with notification of cancellation no later than 12 noon on the day before your scheduled arrival. In any event, you – the holiday residence tenant – must immediately inform LEGOLAND ApS and return the rental contract together with the documentation requested in item “Special conditions” above.
- You will be required to cover any and all fees for the issuing of a doctor's note.
Other Terms and conditions
- Purchase of cancellation protection can be annulled within 14 days of the conclusion of the agreement. However, this does not apply if protection is purchased less than 30 days before the start of the stay.
- If you would like additional protection, contact your usual insurance company to arrange more comprehensive insurance.
- A cooling off period of 14 days applies to purchases of cancellation protection. This means that if you wish to annul the purchase of cancellation protection, you must inform LEGOLAND ApS of same within 14 days of having made the purchase. If you choose to purchase cancellation protection less than 30 days before the start of your stay, there is no cooling off period – i.e. you cannot annul the purchase subsequently.